Tuesday, 11 May 2010

What is selling out?

I find myself in a bit of a pickle, namely that I have no way to pay my rent in a month.
Lemme 'splain.
I've been going to university full-time, summer, fall and spring, for two straight years. I am now burnt out. So I decided to take the summer off this year to recupe and teach myself stuff that isn't taught (or taught to someone who learns like I do) at my school. Naturally, I saved enough money to get me through May. Naturally, I lined up work that would mean I could supplement this cash and get me to September and perhaps replace the torn and ratty hoodie that is my constant companion. Which brings me to the pickle.
The job fell through.
I have bright pink, short hair.
I have multiple facial piercings.
I have visible tattoos.
I am a trained, very adept bookkeeper.
So is it an affront to my schooling, my talent and my ability if I get a job washing dishes because it's the only temporary job I can get looking the way I do? Or should I bite the bullet, bleach out the pink and dye it brown (ick!) wear long sleeves and take out my piercings and apply at temp agencies?
I don't work well with others, I am a horrible boss (though a good reference for new people) and prefer not to communicated with clients. I really am a naturally born bean counter or philosopher...

No comments:

Post a Comment