F**K YOU, Marketing machine, advertising budgets, brand awareness, bottom line and everything ELSE about the business of business that can bring these products into the world. You are F**KING disgusting and I'm putting a lock on the door to my ivory tower tonight.
I just...look, I'm socially extremely liberal. I firmly believe that sex is a fun, healthy, enjoyable activity that is not wrong on most levels (and even when it seems wrong on the level of reality it can be completely acceptable as fantasy). I think in a perfect world children would grow up playing sexual games with each other the same way they play competitive games. The same way other apes play and explore and learn what they need to know to be active, happy, productive adults.
But these products are not designed to teach children about their bodies, or how bodies can interact, or how their bodies will change. These products are intended to make children seem more like adults...to other adults. When two little kids are playing doctor in the field behind the house NOONE is going to notice panties, pushup bras etc.
And on that note, these are all sexualising little GIRLS. So, why are 7 year old girls supposed to worry about bra size while little boys get to be concerned as to whether they have DC or Marvel characters on their underoos?
As for the waxing...the same people that think waxing skin that has not yet actually developed to a point where hair follicles are even PRESENT is a good idea also believe shaving your beard makes it grow in thicker.
Leave kids to be kids...they already are going to have to clean up the world they've been given, they shouldn't have to consider whether they're also sexy while they do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment